Increased Workplace Stress is Linked to Higher Risk of Diabetes
- 3,730 non-diabetic, health industry workers
- 12 years of follow up
- Workers who experienced increased workplace stress were 57% more likely to develop DM2.
- Workers who experienced a decline in coping resources were 68% more likely to develop DM2.
- Biggest contributors to workplace stress and DM2 development were: feeling overloaded with work or unclear about expectations or job responsibilities and strains of physical labour.
- 3,628 participants, 18-30 years old without diabetes or prediabetes at baseline
- 25 years of follow up with CT and echocardiogram
53.8% developed asymptomatic diabetes; 12.7% developed diabetes
For each 5 year-longer duration of:
• Diabetes and heart function progressively worsened
• For women: asymptomatic diabetes, heart muscle strain and atherosclerosis progressively worsened
The findings were independent of sociodemographics, ethnicity, smoking, obesity, blood pressure, and cholesterol.
- Helps ensure you get the support you need to protect yourself from the effects of daily stress.
- Combines your daily vitamin and mineral needs with PharmaGABATM, cordyceps, rhodiola rosea and siberian ginseng for calm, balanced energy.
- PharmaGABATM is a natural form of GABA that helps to reduce stress and anxiety, promoting feelings of relaxation and improving concentration in as little as 20 minutes.
- Adaptogens keep your body in equilibrium, improving mood and reducing anxiety.
- All of the ingredients are suspended in omega-3 fatty acids using OST® for better absorption and results you can feel.
Hot Topic Small Talk – Volume 3, Number 1