- Oil of oregano contains two powerful compounds, carvacrol and thymol that have therapeutic properties. Carvacrol helps kill viruses and bacteria by interfering with their ability to make the energy needed to grow. Thymol, a natural anti-septic, enhances immune system function and promotes healing. And, in case you're wondering, this oregano is different from the one you put in your pasta sauce.
- Garlic contains about seventeen amino acids, at least 33 sulphur compounds, eight minerals (germanium, calcium, copper, iron, potassium, magnesium, selenium and zinc) and the vitamins A, B and C. Garlic also contains alliin and allinase that combine to form allicin when the garlic clove is cut. Allicin is the key compound that helps to relieve the symptoms of respiratory tract and sinus infections.
- Goldenseal contains berberine, a strong anti-viral that has been found effective against herpes simplex, influenza A and B, and streptococcus. It can inhibit the ability of bacteria and viruses to enter and infect cells and prevents the influenza virus from replicating.
- Elderberry extract’s benefit is its ability to inhibit the replication of bacteria and viruses.
- Vitamin C stimulates the production of neutrophils, which attack foreign bacteria and viruses.
- Zinc plays an important role in maintaining healthy immune function.
- Cayenne is an anti-inflammatory that can help relieve cold and flu symptoms.
- Grape Seed Extract has been shown to inhibit the replication of viruses and is a rich source of antioxidants including vitamin E, flavonoids, and OPC (oligomeric proanthocyanidins), one of the pigments naturally found in some plants such as pine bark, tea and grapes.
When cold and flu season hits this year, keep it simple. Reach for Oregano-8, a synergistic blend of all eight immune building ingredients that stop colds and flu before they start.